Top 5 Best New Balance Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis – Buying Guide
Nothing can stop or kill a workout routine or habit faster than foot pain. Foot pain can make you stop working out even if you have been doing it for several years and the most common and probably also the most painful is plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis or joggers heel as most people like to refer to it as is a disorder that is very common and it affects the underside of the food with its key features being scarring, inflammation or a structural breakdown of the plantar fascia in the foot.
If you have this condition, you cannot and should not wear regular shoes when walking, running or doing other daily activities because they will not only make the condition worse, but the pain is also unbearable.
To ensure a comfortable day free from pain or a fruitful workout, you will need New Balance shoes for plantar fasciitis as they will help make life normal for you. Although several brands manufacture these unique types of shoes, New Balance is the industry leader, and it is what most people with painful heels trust.
Top 5 Best Men's New Balance Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis 2018
Top 5 Best Women's New Balance Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis 2018
How New Balance Shoes Support Your Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a serious condition, and so you should never ignore it. If you do not treat it, you risk it becoming chronic, but the good thing is that you can deal with this condition effectively with the right New Balance shoes.
These shoes will offer you maximum leg support and ensure that minimal pressure reaches your heel which is what causes this pain. They have a complex internal structure with enough support and cushioning to protect not only the heel but the entire foot.
Excellent cushioning is one of the things that make New Balance shoes attractive. Only a few other brands if at all have shoes with better cushioning than theirs. The soft insoles and the cushioning inside the shoe support particular areas of the foot and absorb any pressure that comes from walking or running to ensure that you do not feel any pain at all.
Apart from this, most of New Balance plantar fasciitis shoes also have a unique motion control feature that is vital when it comes to offering support for your plantar fasciitis. And so even if you are doing rigorous activities such as working out the shoe will be able to control the motion of the heel to a great extent and hence limit the pressure that if faces.
Offering stability is another way that these shoes will provide your plantar fasciitis some support. The stability that these shoes will offer you comes from a combination of different aspects that include the sole of the shoes and its overall design. These shoes also have a perfect fit for the leg, and so your foot will be stable when in the shoe meaning that there are no movements inside that can disturb the plantar fasciitis and cause you pain.
Here Are Our Best New Balance Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
1. New Balance Men's 481v2 Trail Running Shoe
New Balance is one of the few companies that never disappoint when it comes to the manufacture of running and walking shoes. The 481 V2 is a trail running shoe that is as comfortable as any shoe can get. It has a blend of synthetic and mesh materials on the upper section which makes it breathable and durable.
New Balance 481v2 has an injection molded EVA midsole; the footbed is also EVA while the outsole is a full-grain rubber material. The outsole is non-marking and slip-resistant which is what most men want in their running shoe. Most users say that the fit is just perfect and the shoe is also available in sizes for men with wider feet.
- The fit is just as most people expect.
- It has a durable rubber sole that is also very useful for shock absorption when running.
- The cushioning is excellent thanks to the molded EVA Midsole.
- This shoe is very lightweight which makes it perfect for running.
- EVA footbed is very supportive for people with problematic feet.
- It is built in the USA, and so you will not have to worry about quality issues.
- Just like most other running shoes from New Balance, it is very breathable thanks to the mesh upper.
- It is still an affordable shoe despite the impressive quality.
- You do not get many options when it comes to the colors.
- Some users complain that it does not have enough arch support.
- The textile material is still not as durable as genuine leather.
- They have eyelets instead of loops which make them hard to lace up.
2. New Balance Men's MW840 Health Walking Shoe
The New Balance MW840 pairs support with stability to ensure that men can walk for long distances and in any terrain without getting sore and painful feet. It is one of the best New Balance shoes thanks to the impressive construction and choice of materials for the upper section and outsole.
The upper apart features a padded tongue and collar for cushioning and extra comfort and full-grain leather with mesh and perforations to enhance breathability. For the outsole, New Balance uses an abrasion-resistant rubber which is very durable and offers additional protection and shock absorption. This New Balance MW840 also has an ABZORB Midsole that provides excellent cushioning, and it is available in white and black colors.
- The leather upper makes this a very durable running shoe.
- It has some perforations and meshing to enhance breathability.
- The ABZORB Midsole is very useful for shock absorption.
- MW840 has an amazing blown rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on all surfaces.
- These shoes have a padded tongue and collar for cushioning and to provide extra comfort.
- The sizes are accurate, and so you can always be sure of a perfect fit.
- It is available in two different colors (plain white and black).
- This shoe will offer pronation control and enough arch support for plantar fasciitis.
- Wide-width makes this an excellent walking shoe for men with wider feet.
- Their orthopedic appearance is not very stylish.
- They do not provide a lot of rebound energy when running because they are walking shoes.
- The wider heel might cause slippage when walking.
3. New Balance Men's M1340 Optimal Control Running Shoe
Any man looking for a running shoe that offers a smooth transition from the strike of the heel to the toe-off should go for the M1340 by New Balance. It has a synthetic/mesh upper that ensures that your feet remains dry as you run and it is also very durable.
The T-Beams in midfoot section provide another layer of control while the ACTEVA Midsoles provide a supple feeling. Also, this shoe comes with some PU Inserts that provide extra cushioning and blown rubber outsoles that provide a flexible range of motion. And to ensure that your feet remain fresh and dry these New Balance shoes also come with Orthotic Sock Liners.
- New Balance M1340 is a lightweight and very comfortable running shoe.
- This shoe is roomy enough and with enough space around the toe.
- The synthetic and mesh upper makes this a very breathable running shoe.
- It uses a unique N2 cushioning design to improve the support and ensure maximum comfort.
- The rubber outsole also features the ABZORB crash pad on the heel.
- These shoes come with some Orthotic Sock Liners that help to keep the feet fresh and dry as you run.
- The do not offer enough support and stability for guys with foot problems like plantar fasciitis.
- Some men complain that the toe box is too small.
- The shoes feel too soft and flimsy.
4. New Balance 990V3 Running Shoe
The 990V3 is one of the best New Balance running shoes, and it is available in versions for both men and women. It comes with leather/mesh upper section, and so you can be sure of maximum durability and breathability thanks to the excellent air circulation.
The 990V3 has a Dual-Density Collar that provides soft and supportive cushioning for the ankle, Encap for cushioning and stability on the rear foot and an ABZORB Midsole. Also, it has reflective detailing for safety when running at night, a Blown Rubber Forefoot and you get to choose from numerous color combinations.
- The upper section consists of mesh and leather for durability and breathability.
- It is available in numerous color combinations.
- Dual-Density Collar is firm but still very soft against the foot.
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility.
- The 990V3 has blown rubber on the forefoot to provide lightweight cushioning.
- This shoe is available in versions for both men and women.
- It is made in the USA, and so you can be sure of the quality.
- The design and materials enhance air circulation to keep your feet dry when running.
- There are some criticisms about the sizes not being right.
- Breakdown of the rubber sole produces an annoying odor if you do not dry the shoe well.
- The outsole material tends to disintegrate and lose some of its stability after some time.
5. New Balance Women's WW928 Health Walking Lace-Up Sneaker
New Balance WW928 are a dream come true for ladies that like walking and those that are on their feet for several hours every day. These funky looking shoes feature a genuine leather upper section for maximum durability and with some perforations to enhance breathability and air circulation.
They are available in white, tan and black colors and with an ABZORB rubber outsole that provides excellent shock absorption. Also, the Ndurance outsole provides excellent grip and traction. The C-CAP Midsole ensures excellent cushioning and comfort while the ROLLBAR provides some support and extra durability which makes these some of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
- It is available in white, tan and black.
- The upper section is full-grain leather and with a simple but impressive stitching.
- They are very supportive thanks to the Ndurance outsole.
- Their cushioning is excellent as they come with an ABZORB Midsole.
- The WW928 fits well, and the sizes are correct.
- It is a lightweight shoe which makes it perfect for ladies that are on their feet all day long.
- They provide enough arch support for women with plantar fasciitis.
- The ROLLBAR provides some extra support and stability.
- Ladies will not have to worry about sweaty feet as they have some perforations to enhance air circulation.
- It is also available in all the main sizes.
- The outsoles are quite slippery on wet surfaces.
- It is a little tighter on the toe box than other New Balance Shoes.
- Some ladies will find them a bit too funky.
6. New Balance Women's Fresh Foam 1080v6 Running Shoe
The colors and overall design and appearance of these shoes are enough to make them some of the best New Balance shoes. Their bright color combinations are very stylish and attractive, but the design and materials are also perfect. The upper section features a mix of synthetic and fabric materials that are very comfortable and breathable.
This 1080v6 shoe also has a Fresh Foam midsole that provides excellent cushioning and support while the outsole is a flexible and durable rubber. The combination of bootie construction and an engineered mesh also helps to make this a durable running shoe and Ortholite Sockline is also an excellent addition.
- The New Balance 1080V6 comes in some bright and attractive colors.
- It features a Fresh Foam midsole that is very comfortable and supportive.
- This running shoe is lighter than most others on the market.
- You can always be sure of maximum stability when wearing these shoes.
- It utilizes bootie inside the shoe to ensure that you always get an excellent fit.
- The flex grooves (on the mid and outsole) increase flexibility and provide a smooth heel-toe transition.
- The fabric and synthetic material on the upper section are very comfortable and breathable.
- It is an imported product, and so you cannot be sure of the quality.
- They will not impress you if you do not like shoes with hard soles.
- The toe box is small, and this makes it feel too tight.
- Some users complain the heel slips a lot, especially on wet surfaces.
Things To Consider When Buying New Balance Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
There are many New Balance walking or running shoes for plantar fasciitis available in the market, and they differ in many things including design and comfort. And so if you do not know what you want or what will work best for you things can be hectic when it comes to choosing the right shoes. However, you should always consider the following important things to make sure that the shoe that you buy will help deal with the plantar fasciitis effectively.
The first thing that you should always consider when shopping for these shoes is the fit. Flat feet and high arches will both increase the chances of plantar fascia tendon strain, and so it is crucial to ensure that your feet have a perfect support.
If the shoe is too tight or loose, it will not offer excellent support. Also, keep in mind the fact that your feet expand in the afternoon, and so this is the best time to shop for the shoe so as to ensure it has a perfect fit.
Design and the style of your New Balance shoes also matter because even if it is very comfortable and with the best support it might end up on idling in the closet of it does not look good. As much as you want to buy something that will offer you heel maximum support you should never ignore the design and appearance.
New Balance has been in business for many years, and they have a catalog of dozens if not more plantar fasciitis shoes that come in diverse price ranges. It is important to consider your budget and the price of the shoes because the brand has numerous types of shoes, and so you can be confident of always finding something affordable for you.
Comfort is another essential factor to keep in mind when shopping for best shoes for plantar fasciitis. No matter the level of stability that the shoes offer you, or how perfect the fit might be, if it is not comfortable enough for you, it will not serve its purpose well. In most cases, the quality of the insoles and cushioning, structure of the shoes and the design are what determine the level of comfort.
The weight of the shoe is vital because it will affect everything else. Any shoes that you buy should be lightweight and you should never compromise on this regardless of how attractive a plantar fasciitis shoe might appear. A shoe might have all the necessary features to deal with this condition, but if it is too heavy, it will bring about other severe complications for your feet.
How You Plan To Use Them
How do you plan to use your New Balance shoe for plantar fasciitis? The answer to this question is vital, and you should never buy any shoe without figuring it out.
New Balance designs their shoes for several purposes, and so you should make sure that what you buy is suitable for your needs. For example, walking or hiking shoes will come with a unique design to absorb shock on the heels. On the other hand, those for tennis have a sturdy support for the ankle while running shoes will have some extra cushioning for your forefeet.
Plantar fasciitis might be a very painful condition, but you should not let it prevent you from enjoying your favorite sport or outdoor activities. This condition is treatable but if you are not ready or not willing to go through any treatment you can trust New Balance shoes for plantar fasciitis to offer you all the relief that you need.