Top 5 Best Work Boots For Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is an unpleasant foot condition that is in most cases a result of straining of the plantar fascia ligament. Overuse of your feet when working out or by standing for many hours are some of the causes of this problem. Also, failure to wear the right shoes when working can also be a contributing cause or make the problem worse for you.
Whether you are on your legs all day long or your work requires you to move a lot throughout the day, it is important to make sure that you have the best work boots for plantar fasciitis.
If you are one of the many individuals suffering from plantar fasciitis ordinary shoes will only amplify the problem and make it harder for the ligament to heal. A good pair of work boots can make a huge difference and so it is vital to know how to make the right choice from the many options out there.
Why Do You Need To Choose Suitable Work Boots If You Have Plantar Fasciitis?
Changing your shoes is always one of the first things that podiatrists will recommend when you have plantar fasciitis. Wearing the wrong type of shoes to work or when working out will not only worsen the injury but also prevents the plantar fascia from healing. And so it is always important to go for work boots with a particular design for people with plantar fasciitis.
Work boots for plantar fasciitis are designed to offer more arch support. These shoes also ensure that the plantar fascia ligament and the heel, in general, maintain a natural alignment which is vital for healing and preventing the recurrence of the problem. Also, most will come with a special insert (orthotic) that helps to cushion the foot, alleviate pressure and minimize pain when walking/standing and a sturdy rubber sole for absorbing impact and compressions.
Some of these work boots will be podiatrist-designed to ensure that they offer your foot maximum comfort and support. The expert design ensures that they provide adequate arch support and they will also have a motion controlled design to correct over-pronation and supination. And so choosing suitable work boots for plantar fasciitis can also help to encourage proper walking and posture.
Top 5 Best Work Boots For Plantar Fasciitis 2018
Factors That Determine The Best Work Boots For Plantar Fasciitis
The benefits that you get from choosing a good pair of plantar fasciitis work boots are almost unquantifiable. However, to enjoy these benefits and to ensure that you always have comfortable footwear for maximum productivity at your job or business you need to know how to pick the best work boots for plantar fasciitis. But, this should not be laborious as you only need to consider the following simple factors.
Arch support is vital for anyone suffering from plantar fasciitis, and so it should always be one of the key features/factors to consider when picking your work boots. A good boot should come with a firm heel counter that should also have a slight elevation. Sufficient arch support will minimize load on the Achilles tendon while also keeping the foot with a minor flex from the shin.
Since you will be standing or walking a lot at work, you also need to check the boot soles. A simple rule is always to go for a boot with stiff soles that will not move even if you twist them on the ends. When it comes to the midsole, it is always important to go for one that is thick enough and has a soft material. A good midsole provides padding, cushioning and comfort to the foot and will also help in shock absorption when walking.
The outsole should be sturdy but not too hard, and so the best idea is always to go for rubber ones. It is always vital to remember that the outsole is what will be in contact with the surface when walking or standing and so it will absorb most of the pressure. Also, make sure that it is slip-resistant and suitable for use on different surfaces.
Although you can get work boots in various styles, it is always a good idea to go for those with a lace-up design. Lace-up work boots are adjustable to offer the feet support, and they are also less likely to allow your heel or foot to slip. These shoes provide additional support, and you can be confident that they will always keep your feet where you want them. And they also make it possible to adjust and customize the fit for maximum comfort.
Work boots with a contoured footbed are much better and more comfortable for individuals with plantar fasciitis than those with a flat one. Contoured footbeds will conform to your feet naturally. Also, they will take on the shape of a healthy foot which is helpful in aligning your foot and speeds up healing of the problematic ligament. Most will also supply sufficient cushioning to important parts of the foot and support your arch by minimizing strain on the ligament.
Orthotic inserts are one of the common remedies for plantar fasciitis. Having them in your footwear can help to relieve pressure on your foot and make the shoes more comfortable. Many work boots for plantar fasciitis will come with these inserts, but if your pair does not have them, it is a good idea to buy a pair. Apart from the benefits that they have for your problematic feet, these inserts can also help to alleviate knee and back pain which is just what you need for a comfortable and productive work day.
Top 5 Best Work Boots For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
Timberland PRO Men’s Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot
Timberland is famous for making some of the finest boots in the market, and their Timberland PRO Pitboss lives up to their standards. It is a high quality work boot for individuals with plantar fasciitis and everyone else that wants comfortable work footwear. This shoe features a sturdy tight-grained leather construction, and so you can be confident of wearing it for many years.
Timberland PRO Pitboss comes with an extra-wide steel toe protection to keep your toes safe from falling objects. These work boots also have an open-cell polyurethane footbed and polyurethane midsole that for absorbing shock and wicking out moisture. The inside section comes with a liner that enhances the breathability, and it has an antimicrobial treatment to control odor.
These shoes have some extra padding on the tongue and collar to improve the comfort, and they come with a Timberland PRO outsole that is oil and slip-resistant.
- The genuine leather construction makes this a sturdy and very durable work boot.
- It has some padding on the collar and tongue for extra comfort.
- They have a comfort suspension system that helps to reduce foot fatigue.
- Timberland uses a shock diffusion plate on this boot to stabilize the foot and disperse pressure from walking/running.
- This work boot is very breathable thanks to the inside liner which also has an antimicrobial treatment to prevent odor.
- Like most other high-quality work boots it has an electrical hazard protection design.
- The outsole provides ample traction for gripping slippery floors.
- The sturdy material and design mean that it requires an extended break-in period.
- It is hard to size, and the sizes run a little small for some people.
- This work boot is not waterproof.
Caterpillar Men’s 2nd Shift 6" Plain Soft-Toe Work Boot
Caterpillar makes this shoe for men that are on their feet for many hours and have to work in different environments. The company makes it with sturdy and durable nubuck leather, and so it will serve you for many years. Also, the material is water resistant, and you can also make it waterproof by applying a waterproofing agent.
These shoes are very comfy thanks to the soft padding on the collar and tongue and also very breathable since they have a nylon mesh lining.
The insole is not as thick as most people with plantar fasciitis would wish, but it has a nice contour that conforms to the foot to maximize comfort and support. And to make them even more helpful for plantar fasciitis the company uses a thick and genuine rubber outsole that is very useful for supporting your weight and shock absorption. Also, this sole has some slip resistant tread to make the footwear ideal for all work environments.
- The padded tongue and ankle collar provide extra support and comfort.
- They also feature a robust and durable leather construction.
- The fit will be as expected for most people.
- You get to choose from three different colors.
- The leather is water resistant, but you can also make it waterproof.
- Breathability is also a guarantee thanks to the nylon mesh lining.
- The outsole is thick and genuine rubber with some slip resistant treads.
- They are quite stiff when you get them and so might not be suitable for immediate wear for extended shifts.
- Although the insole has a perfect contour, it is little too thin.
Timberland PRO Men’s Direct Attach 6" Soft-Toe Boot
The Direct-Attach is another high quality work foot from one of the most trusted brands when it comes to heavy duty shoes. Timberland makes these boots with premium leather on the upper section and with sealed seams to make it durable and waterproof so that the wearer’s feet always remain dry and comfortable. Also, the company uses a direct injection construction to increase its lifespan.
Timberland gives these shoes some extra padding on the collar and tongue to make them comfortable shoes for all day shifts. These work boots also come with a mesh lining that has an antimicrobial treatment to enhance breathability and also for odor control. And for the support, they have a contoured shock-diffusion plate.
The blown-thermal flexible midsole is lighter than what you get from most other boots, and it adds some flexibility and comfort to the footwear. Like most other top boots from Timberland, they have a contoured open-cell polyurethane footbed that also has an antimicrobial treatment to control the odor and enhance breathability. The outsole is a non-marking and oil-resistant rubber, and so you can be confident of some durable traction.
- They are comfortable from the box and will not need any break-in.
- The premium leather upper construction makes it sturdy and durable.
- These boots come with a mesh lining for maximum breathability and odor control.
- The rubber lug outsole is slip-resistant and non-marking to provide durable traction.
- It includes a contoured shock-diffusing plate that makes it extra comfortable for men with foot problems.
- Padding on the top collar and tongue provide extra comfort.
- Timberland uses a direct-injection construction to make it more durable.
- It is quite a weighty boot.
- Although the construction is high-quality, this boot is still not suitable for harsh work environments.
Skechers USA Men's Verdict Waterproof Boot
Skechers is another brand that you can almost be certain of coming across when shopping for the best work boots for plantar fasciitis. Their Men's Verdict boots feature a waterproof leather upper section with a natural finish, and they are available in five masculine shades. These are wide boots, and so they will also work for men with extra wide feet, and they have a rounded toe front.
Both the tongue and collar have some nice padding to enhance the comfort, and the boots have some metal eyelets that make lace adjustment easy and are also very durable. These shoes are also very comfortable and breathable thanks to the smooth fabric lining and light padding on the insole.
These Skechers boots also feature a steel shank in the midsole that provides extra stability and support and a memory foam insole that is very comfortable. For the outsole, the company uses a rugged rubber lug for excellent traction on all surfaces.
- The wide fit design is comfortable even for men with wider than average feet.
- Each boot comes with a padded collar for additional comfort.
- These boots are available in five different masculine colors.
- The steel shank in the midsole provides stability and additional support.
- Skechers gives these boots a rugged rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on all surfaces.
- It is a seam-sealed boot, and the leather upper is waterproof.
- At first, they are quite uncomfortable, especially around the ankles.
- The waterproof agent on the upper section seems to wear off fast.
- You might need some extra inserts to get an adequate support of you have plantar fasciitis.
Maelstrom Men's TAC FORCE 8 Inch Military Tactical Work Boot with Zipper
If you prefer wearing work boots with a long shaft these 8-inch ones by Maelstrom are an excellent choice for you. The company makes them with a combination of nylon and leather on the upper section which ensures durability and flexibility while also making them breathable. For some extra comfort, the tongue and collar have some nice padding, and each shoe comes with a moisture-wicking lining.
The molded midsole on these work boots is very suitable for men with plantar fasciitis as it is very effective in shock-absorption while the composite shank also helps by providing stability and support.
These shoes are very convenient when it comes to wearing or removing thanks to the heavy-duty zipper on the side. And you also never have to worry about traction because the rugged rubber outsole is both oil and slip resistant and so it provides excellent traction on different surfaces.
- Padding on the tongue and collar provides some extra comfort.
- The heavy duty side zipper makes the boot easy to wear and remove.
- These boots have a lightweight and shock-absorbing midsole.
- The high performing and shock-absorbent cushion inserts are removable if you want to use an orthotic insert.
- Maelstrom utilizes a moisture-wicking lining to enhance breathability and keep your feet dry.
- It is available in multiple colors, and the manufacturer backs it with a 1-year warranty.
- The durable rubber soil is both oil and slip resistant.
- There are a few complaints about the sizes being a little off.
- These work boots are not waterproof.
Our Best Choice
The Timberland PRO Pitboss is our best pick as it strikes a perfect balance between performance, durability, and cost. It is a very supportive and comfortable shoe for individuals with plantar fasciitis, and the lightweight construction means that your feet will not be under any unnecessary pressure. And although it might not be the cheapest work boot on our list the high-quality construction and performance mean that it will save you cash in the long run as it will be quite some time before you need a replacement.
Finding the best work boots for plantar fasciitis should be a priority is you want to do some work without always ending up with aching feet in the evening. The right work boots will make it possible to walk around or stand for many hours without pain and fatigue.
Knowing what to look for is always the first step, and for this, you should always aim at getting something that provides sufficient arch support and has shock-absorbing and supportive midsoles and a high-quality outsole.
Once you figure out what to look for in the work boots things will be easier for you. However, it is always important to read customer reviews to get more information about the footwear and also know what others have to say about the boots before you buy them.