Top 7 Best Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews 2017
Plantar fasciitis can make simple things like walking or standing very painful and so life with this common foot problem means that you have to be ready to withstand a lot of pain every day. But there are some simple things that individuals can do to relieve the pain. They range from soaking your feet in Epsom salt to doing some stretching exercises and wearing some particular types of insoles with your shoes.
This painful and annoying foot problem is a result of overstretching your plantar fascia which is a flat ligament that connects the toes to the heel bone. The primary function of the ligament is to support the arch of your foot. Many things can lead to this problem, but insoles can help deal with the pain and to help the foot heal fast. However, it is always essential to know how they work or how they will help you and how to choose the best insoles for plantar fasciitis from the many types in the market.
Top 7 Best Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews 2017
1. Powerstep Full Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles Original
Powerstep is always the brand to turn to when looking for the best insoles for plantar fasciitis. This particular orthotic is a full length with a polyester construction for maximum durability. It offers a semi-rigid arch support which will give your feet the stability that they need and a heel cradle that provides extra support in the heel area when you step down. Also, this insole has dual-layer cushioning and ultra-thin profile that eliminates the need for trimming it when moving it from one shoe to the other.
- The polyester material makes it a very durable orthotic.
- You can shift it from one shoe to the other without any trimming.
- It is a full-length insole, and so it provides total contact support.
- The ultra-thin design ensures that it does not affect the fit of your shoe.
- It has an antimicrobial fabric at the top to reduce friction and to keep the feet dry.
- This Powerstep orthotic is comfortable enough for walking and daily use.
- It will take some time to adapt to it.
- There are some concerns from some users about the fit.
- This insole will not work very well for people with wide feet.
2. Sof Sole Airr Orthotic Full Length Performance Shoe Insoles for Men and Women
You can tell that the Soft Sole Airr insole is high-quality just by looking at it because it has a very impressive appearance. Apart from the fantastic look it also has enough features to support your feet and to offer maximum comfort. The COOLMAX fabric at the top wicks away the moisture and ensures that your feet remain dry and it also has an antimicrobial odor protection.
This Soft Sole Airr insole uses some SKYDEX air capsules in the heel to convert the shock and pressure from impact into kinetic energy which is vital for dealing with plantar fasciitis. Also, it has a nylon foot on the arch to reinforce alignment of the foot and a gel forefoot that enhances shock and pressure absorption. The features combine to make it one of the best insoles for plantar fasciitis.
- It is a high-quality orthotic that is also very affordable.
- This insole will always provide comfortable cushioning regardless of the shoe type.
- It is very helpful for people with plantar fasciitis.
- The design and materials make it perfect for running and walking.
- Sof Sole Airr also includes a nylon plate in the arch area to make sure that flat feet stay in line.
- The COOLMAX fabric at the top help to ensure that feet remain dry and fresh.
- This insole is very efficient for impact and shock absorption.
- There are some complaints and concerns about the sizes not being accurate.
- Some people might find the material too hard.
- They are too thin for people with problematic feet or those that want maximum support.
3. Orthotics for Flat Feet by Samurai Insoles
These insoles from Samurai are a creation of an experienced podiatrist, and this alone is enough to show that they are the best orthotics for people with problematic feet. They have a biochemical design that enhances the action of your feet and also prevents the flattening of the arches. The insole combines a polypropylene shell with a densely padded case to offer maximum shock absorption and to align the foot when necessary. And it is also a very affordable insole.
- They are designed to fit regular shoe sizes, and so you can always find something with a perfect fit.
- This orthotics provides excellent support and instant relief from different feet problem.
- The Samurai Insoles have a thin profile that makes it possible to wear them with any shoe type.
- You will not find better quality at the same price tag.
- They come with 60-day money back guarantee, and so you will have nothing to lose when you buy them.
- It provides excellent support even for individuals with low or fallen arches.
- They are useful in controlling over-pronation.
- Some users complain that they wear out fast.
- They are quite thin and hence not very helpful for those with severe foot problems.
4. Superfeet Green Heritage Insoles
Most online retailers rank the Superfeet Green Heritage insole as a best seller in the insoles and inserts category. The fact that it sells a lot shows that many people trust it to offer them relief from their problematic feet. Superfeet uses synthetic materials in the construction of this handmade sole, and it features a high-arch profile to ensure maximum support. The shape and design of the insole mean that it can fit almost any footwear that comes with a removable insole. It is very helpful when dealing with plantar fasciitis, arch pain and heel pain and it has an NXT anti-bacteria coating.
- It has a high arch design for maximum support.
- The sturdy and durable construction adds some extra comfort and structure to your footwear.
- It fits most shoes that have a removable factory insole.
- The insole will offer excellent support when walking or running.
- Green Heritage insoles tend to last longer than most other brands.
- The shock absorption capabilities in these shoes are very impressive.
- Their plastic body and arch will require some break-in.
- There are some issues with the sizes, and some people have to trim or cut them to fit their footwear.
- Just like most other insoles, there are mixed reviews and opinions from people with plantar fasciitis and flat arches.
5. Powerstep Pinnacle Premium Orthotic Shoe Insoles
Powerstep is famous for producing some of the best arch support insoles. The company has been in business for many years, and so you always trust them to know what works best for different foot problems. Their Pinnacle Premium edition is a synthetic orthotic that is capable of dealing with numerous foot problems including plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
It has a medical grade foot support that is very flexible and provides full arch support for those with pronation problems. It also has a deep heel cradle to cushion the back part of your leg, foam cushioning with double layers and an antimicrobial fabric at the top to prevent bad odor and to keep bacteria out.
- It offers both cushioning and a very stable support.
- This orthotic will fit well in most footwear.
- Powerstep makes it available for both men and women and in all the main sizes.
- The heel cup helps to reduce wobbly steps for individuals that have flat feet.
- It also has an antimicrobial to keep bacteria and bad odors away.
- The deep cradle will protect the heel section of your feet from impact when running or walking.
- There are a few complaints about quality and durability.
- It will take some time to get used to this orthotic.
- The cushioning is not enough despite it being thicker than most other orthotics.
6. PROFOOT Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics
You do not always have to go for the full-length orthotics because they are other good if not better options like this 3/4 length insert from Profoot. The short length and the light weight is an important feature because it ensures that the insert does not add any extra weight to your footwear and hence preventing fatigue. Despite the fact that it is not a full-length it still supports the entire width of your plantar fascia (which is the cause of the problem), and the design also cradles your heel. For men, it is one size fits all and so you will not have to worry about the fit.
- Their light weight helps to prevent fatigue.
- This orthotic will support the entire length of the plantar fascia while also cradling your tender heel.
- You will not have any problem with the fit as it comes in a one size fits all.
- It has an approval and acceptance from APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association).
- The orthotic has an excellent arch support that is ideal for those with high arches or heel pain.
- It is available in designs and sizes for both men and women.
- The 3/4 length means that it will not offer support to the entire foot.
- It might slide around inside the shoe because it is not full length.
- Some users complain that it does not offer a lot of relief for plantar fasciitis.
7. Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relieving Orthotic Insoles by Vasyli LLC
If you are shopping for a fashionable and supportive insole, this is one of the best orthotics for you as it has both. It is a podiatrist designed and full-length insole that is an excellent alternative to the custom orthotics which can be very expensive. This insole provides a natural healing solution for common foot problems and for the pain that comes with incorrect leg and foot alignment. Also, it is lightweight, provides maximum support and it can help to correct severe pronation.
- This insole is ideal for supporting people with flat feet.
- It can be useful for correcting pronation.
- The structure is very robust despite the insole being supple and bendable.
- You can wear it with most footwear types.
- They are already flexible enough, and so there is no break-in period required.
- These orthotic are more supple and flexible than most other brands on the market.
- This insole is quite bulky which most users will not like.
- It does not have the ability to provide a high arch support.
- You cannot fit it in your shoe without removing the original or factory insole.
Benefits Of Orthotic Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis
The main and greatest benefit that you will get from using these insoles is that they will cushion your feet from the shock and pressure that comes from standing, walking or running. Also, they will help to ensure a correct distribution of your body weight throughout your feet. It is important to know that improper distribution of weight to your feet is one of the causes of this problem and it also makes it hard for the plantar fascia to heal.
By reducing the shock and pressure on your feet, these insoles will also offer you some relief from the agony that comes with plantar fasciitis. Also, the fact that they provide excellent arch support means that they will be very helpful with the pain. Other gains that you can anticipate from these insoles include stabilization of foot motion and prevention of blisters, rubbing, and fatigue. There are also some unique types that can help to restore the feet to their natural shape so as to eliminate any unnatural and excessive straining or stress.
How Do They Work
Plantar fasciitis comes as a result of overusing the ligament that supports the arch of your foot. The overuse means that every time you walk or stand that plantar fascia will get some microscopic tears which are what causes the intense pain. The tears are not always easy to treat because you are always using your feet, but the insoles help to avoid them. Also, they offer the arch the support that it needs, and so you will not end up overusing the plantar fascia.
For the insole to be useful in taking over the roles of the plantar fascia, it should have support for the heel which is the origin of this ligament, enough support for the arch and also able to cover the entire length of this ligament. The soft materials of the insoles also help with this problem by absorbing the pressure and shock that comes from standing or walking.
What To Look For In The Best Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis insoles are very helpful when dealing with this foot problem, but it is still important to choose the best. There are more than enough alternatives available in the market, but not all have what it takes to support your feet and to heal the plantar fascia. And so it is always important to know what to look for so as to get the best insoles for plantar fasciitis. Here are a few vital factors that you should consider.
Size or fit is an important factor that you should remember when shopping for plantar fasciitis insoles. If the insole is not the right fit, it can make the problem worse for you and so you should be keen with this. The best way to get the perfect fit for you is to try it out with your correct shoe size and if it feels comfortable enough the size is correct. Size charts can also be helpful for those with exact shoe sizes.
2. Arch Support
Arch support is one of the main reasons why you may want to buy these insoles and so whatever you go for should provide enough of it. The design of the insole and the material are the two things that will determine its ability to offer your leg enough support. It is important to know that the shape of your leg will determine the right arch support for your foot. If you are not conversant with the best arch support insoles to buy, you can always consult your physician or a shoe expert.
Comfort is a major factor that you should consider when shopping for insoles for plantar fasciitis. Apart from offering your feet maximum support, your insole should also keep them comfortable, and this is more so if you are on your feet all day long.
Different things will determine the amount of comfort that you get, but the shape of the sole and its material are the key ones. To make sure that you get something comfortable it is always a good idea to try out the insoles before you buy.
The design and shape of the insole will determine the level of support that you get. But the sole material is also crucial. Different manufacturers will prefer different types for their insoles but whatever you choose should be soft and breathable to keep your feet comfortable. Also, it important to make sure that the material is semi-pliable and still sturdy enough to ensure that it can withstand your weight.
5. Customer Reviews and Price
Price is vital when it comes to plantar fasciitis insoles, and this is more so when you want to purchase some extra insole pairs. Although most are not very expensive, some brands come with a price tag of more than $100, and so it is important to choose something comfortable, supportive and is within your budget. Also, it is important to look for customer reviews on the insoles before you buy them because they will give you reliable information from other users with similar foot problems.
I also have buying guide about Best Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis if you want to take a look.
The best insoles for plantar fasciitis are those that will not only offer you some relief from the pain but also help heal your problematic feet. It is important to spare some time for thorough shopping and make sure that you compare between several types before you choose. This guide will help to make things easy for you as it provides you with the important things to look for when shopping for these insoles.