Top 3 Best Foot Massagers For Plantar Fasciitis
As a person who likes to workout (mostly running), I know how painful and uncomfortable foot problems can be, and this is more so for the regular runners. Although every foot problem presents different challenges, I would confidently say that plantar fasciitis is the most common and probably also the most annoying.
Apart from overusing the legs when exercising, playing sports or running, other things like having flat feet or high arches, being overweight and standing for long (regularly) can also cause plantar fasciitis.
Although it is always vital to understand the causes of plantar fasciitis, what is even more important is to know the possible treatments or remedies. Luckily, they are many, but massage is by far one of the easiest and most effective. But, to get its benefits, it is always important to make sure that you choose the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis.
Top 3 Best Foot Massagers For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews 2017
1. Beurer Foot Massager With Built in Heat Function
At first, this Beurer massager looks like just like any other cheap massager for plantar fasciitis as it has a basic design. But on further inspection, some elements stand out with the first one being the soft and breathable surface fabric.
Also, it is hard not to notice that it has more massaging beads for each leg than what you get from most others. And when you get to use it the two-speed settings will impress you since they make it possible to choose the intensity. Also, it has a heating feature, and it is adjustable to accommodate different foot sizes.
Features and Benefits
- 18 Massaging Beads: This massager features nine massaging beads for each foot to ensure that users always get deep penetrating and relaxing massage to help with the plantar fasciitis.
- Speed: The two-speed levels makes it possible to select the massage intensity that you prefer or what is suitable to your mood and extend of your foot problem.
- Surface Fabric: The cover fabric is breathable mesh material that is also very comfortable, and it helps to improve the massage quality.
- Heating: An on/off heat function gives the user more flexibility as it makes it possible to choose whether you want a heated massager or not. Also, it heats up fast to ensure that you never have to wait.
- Adjustability: The Beurer massager has an adjustable angle that makes it possible to accommodate both small and large feet. And once you have the feet on the massager it is also possible to adjust it to a comfortable position.
- Fabric on the surface is quite comfortable.
- The Beurer foot massager has a feature to turn it off in case you fall asleep.
- The 18 massaging beads will offer a deep massage.
- You can choose from two massage strengths.
- The heating function makes the massage more effective by providing a soothing warmth.
- It is portable and easy to use.
- The Beurer foot massager does not surround the feet and hence cannot reach the top part.
- The heating feature might not be intense enough for some users.
2. Belmint Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
The bright red nodes that you can see through the soft mesh fabric are the first thing that grasps your attention when you get this massager. And they are also one of the things that make this the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis.
There is a total of 18 nodes in this unit with 9 for each foot that provide a dedicated massage session using the shiatsu technique. Also, this unit features heat mode to improve the overall experience, toe-touch button for easy control and an adjustable angle to accommodate any sitting position.
Features and Benefits
- Dual Foot Bed: This Belmint Deep-Kneading Shiatsu foot massager has space for massaging both feet at a go, and it has a total of 18 nodes below the soft mesh for a dedicated massage session.
- Toe-Touch Control: You will never have to bend or strain your back when using this massager thanks to its toe-touch control. To start or stop the massager you will only need to hit the button with your toe.
- Shiatsu Massage Technique: This massager uses the deep tissue Japanese shiatsu massage technique that works by applying circular motion and deep kneading to the problematic areas. It combines with the switchable heating function to ensure that you get the relief that you desire.
- Adjustable Angle: With this Belmint Deep-Kneading Shiatsu massager, you can adjust the height of each foot base to make sure that it will accommodate any sitting position whether you are on a chair or couch.
- 18 nodes on 2-foot beds will deliver dedicated massage to both feet.
- Deep-kneading shiatsu massage technique improves blood flow and relieves tired muscles for fast plantar fasciitis relief.
- The large center power button makes toe-touch control easy.
- You can switch the heat off for a more traditional massage sessions.
- Adjustability to provide perfect angle for use in a variety of positions.
- The Belmint Deep-Kneading Shiatsu does not have the important auto shut off feature.
- This massager can be quite loud when in operation.
- The heat function does not make it hot enough.
- It is not fit for somebody with diabetes.
3. Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager with Switchable Heat & Easy-to-Use Toe Control
Foot massager for plantar fasciitis reviews will always feature Belmint as one of the leading manufacturers of these products. This particular unit is one of their most popular ones and the first thing that you notice and what most customer love are the independent foot chambers.
Just by looking at the design and size of the individual chambers you can tell that it is a comfortable device before using it. But apart from this it also features some convenient toe controls, switchable heat, and a sturdy and ergonomic construction that makes it easy to handle and store.
Features and Benefits
- Independent Foot Chambers: This Belmint massager features two separate foot chambers where you can insert the feet with or without socks. Each also features a footbed with rotational massage head for a concurrent massage session.
- Convenient Controls: The control console is between the feet, and so you can use your toes to control speed, power, pressure, and heat.
- Heat Function: For further tension easing and release of the tight muscles you can apply the heat function to ensure that the foot beds match your body temperature.
- Shiatsu Massage: The vibrations and the effect of the massage nodes help to deliver some deep-kneading massage to relieve pain and improve circulation.
- Ergonomic and Convenient Design: This plantar fasciitis massager has an ergonomic and freestanding design that makes it easy to handle and store. It also has a removable and washable cover cloth for easy maintenance.
- The feet chambers massage both the sides and bottom of the feet.
- The Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager has different massage settings to provide a varied experience.
- The cloth cover is removable and washable for easy maintenance.
- This unit makes a rhythmic sound when running and it is not as annoying and distracting as others.
- You do not have to worry about storage or handling since it has an ergonomic and space-saving design.
- Comfortable and convenient toe controls for speed, power, heat, and pressure.
- It is quite a heavy foot massager.
- This massager works well for your toes and sole, but it is not very useful for the sides and ankles.
- Individuals with shoe sizes larger than 13 will find it a little uncomfortable.
- It can be too intense for some people even at the lowest setting.
7 Things To Consider When Selecting A Best Foot Massager For Plantar Fasciitis
There are a variety of foot massagers in the market, but it is important to consider the following factors to get the right one.
Functionality is the first thing that you should always consider when shopping for a plantar fasciitis massager. You should always aim at finding something that is effective in massaging the problematic areas that come with this condition which is around the heel and arch. Most massagers will promise to massage the entire foot but will barely even touch the heel and arch.
When it comes to massager functionality, it is also a good idea to watch out for features like the 360-degre rotating spheres and adjustable tilt base. Also, a good one should make it possible for users to vary the speed from a variety of settings.
Ease Of Use and Maintenance
After a long and tiring day and after withstanding the plantar fasciitis pain you will want something that is easy to use and offer immediate relief. And so the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis is one that is straightforward to use. A good unit will come with some clear text and symbols, and if it has any buttons or switches, they should be easy to operate even for seniors.
Massagers that do not have any buttons are also a good pick, but this is only true if they are useful in massaging the feet. With these units, you only need to step on the massager, and it will do the rest without clicking any buttons. Also, most allow you to use when both standing or sitting.
For the maintenance, you will need to go for something that only requires minimal wiping after use. Massagers with materials that do not stain are also easy to maintain.
Apart from just massaging your feet, the massager should also be comfortable for you. A good one should hit just the right places while also not putting too much pressure on your feet. If you do not look forward to getting the massage every other day or you do not feel like doing for more than a few minutes, then it means that it is not comfortable enough.
The noise that the unit makes as it vibrates also affects the level of comfort. Since it is hard to get one that operates with zero noise the right idea is to go for one with the lowest noise rating. Other features like heated surface can also make the session more comfortable for you.
The construction quality of the plantar fasciitis massager is another important factor that you should consider since you do not want something that will break down after a few uses. Although the material will differ from one brand or model to the other, it is always a good idea to go for those with sturdy stainless steel or PVC construction. Other materials like wood and thermoplastic are also a good choice.
A sturdy and slip-resistant base is also a vital feature to look for in the construction since it will also determine the performance and durability of the massager.
Weight and Size
A good massager should accommodate both feet comfortably. Also, it should be spacious enough for different feet size to ensure that you can get the massage comfortably and without causing further strain to the feet. But it should also not be too large because this will affect storage since it means that it will require more space.
A compact unit that has plenty of helpful features is always the best choice. But, you also need to consider the weight since in most instances you will have to move it when you need to use it. A lightweight massager is a good choice since you can carry it in your bag and get some massage if you need it during the day.
Massage intensity is subjective because what might be too intense for you might be okay or mild for someone else. And so the best thing is always to go for a massager with different intensity levels as it will make it possible to choose the right one for you. Also, it is important to know that intensity is one of the features that are hard to determine before you try out the massager.
Another important thing to remember when it comes to intensity is that some units can still be very intense even if you have them at the lowest setting. And so if besides plantar fasciitis you also have other problems like severe arthritis and sensitive feet the best idea is to go for those with wooden rollers and avoid the electric ones.
Length Of The Massage
Although you can always stop the massage anytime you want, it is still important to consider the duration of the session that the unit offers. If the massager is very comfortable, you can end up overdoing things and hence making the plantar fasciitis worse.
To make sure that you enjoy the benefits of the massage without overusing your feet muscles, you should limit the massage sessions to a quarter of an hour. Some massagers will come with a built-in timer that also restricts the session to about 15 minutes. Although the time can be annoying when you want long sessions, it is important since it protects your feet and prevents the plantar fasciitis from worsening.
Finding the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis is vital if you are struggling with this painful problem. And with the seven points above this should never be a problem. However, it is also important to make sure that you try out a few if possible and compare them. And if the massager does not seem to offer you the relief that you want, there are still many other remedies available such as Epson salt soak, foot spa and wearing night splints.